Manages branch sales force to maximize profits and minimize expenses. Ensures the achievement of branch sales/profit goals. Ensures the profitable growth
of the business and increasing market penetration and the development, retention and value of existing accounts. Develops great/diverse talent,
management/financial control plans and actions plans to secure successful execution of branch and people performance.
* Manages branch sales force to achieve revenue budget and expense budget. Ensures the achievement of branch sales/profit goals.
* Manages personal sales portfolio to ensure achievement of targeted sales levels.
* Develops annual branch business plans, under the guidance of the Market Manager, to ensure budgeted growth of current business and the addition of new
* Develops and cultivates good customer relations via face to face contact. Responds to customers’ needs, consistent with MSC standards, culture, and
business practices. Consults with Market Manager to identify solutions to customers’ needs/problems.
* Participates/encourages quality assessment, profitability, and improvement activities. Generates relevant reports for Market Managers and MSC management
* Prepares, under the guidance of the Market Manager, the annual budget and monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints.
Takes corrective action as needed.
* Tailors, under the direction of the Market Manager, local branch strategy to align with MSC’s strategies, sales, and marketing plans.
* Utilizes, under the direction of the Market Manager, all MSC Direct assets to maximize growth including, but not limited to, other titles, direct mail,
and call centers.
* Learns and promotes MSC culture.
* Performs, under the direction of the Market Manager, all duties inherent in the role of manager, including hires, termination, development, performance
appraisal/counseling within MSC guidelines.
Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent and a minimum of two years outside sales experience in a business to business, commercial/industrial
environment are required.
* A minimum of two years outside sales experience in a business to business, commercial/industrial environment and/or a minimum of three years MSC
Pro-Active Sales Channel Supervisory experience with Incremental Revenue Targets are required.
* The ability to develop a line-item budget and branch plan is required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are also required.
* A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel is required.